Key locking doors

Loreto

Chile Spanish
Este texto es sobre Equipment Racks, creo que Key es verbo en esta frase, pero no logro entenderla. Es la última de la lista. Agradezco ayuda.

- Provide low-noise ventilation when racks are open to work areas.

- Use only rack screws with nylon anti-scuff washers.

- Key locking doors identically.

• Chasint

English - England
    I can only guess.

My guess is that some doors are not lockable and some are "locking doors". I think that all the locking doors for a particular unit should use the same key.

I'm not at all certain but at least it makes sense grammatically. Do you have a link to the text? Do you have a picture of the units? Is there mention of locking doors elsewhere in the text?

Key locking doors identically ---> Make sure that all lockable doors can be opened with the same key (?????)

Benzene

Italian from Italy
    I think a native speaker did not write the paragraph. Can you tell us the source of the document? Thank you.:)
    If the quotation means that the same key fits in the door locks, I am expecting a definition as 'Keyed Alike Locks' or something similar to.
    If we replace the adverb “identically” with "exactly the same", we get a meaningless statement.

Bye,
    Benzene

Loreto

Chile Spanish
    Thanks for your reply. This text is part of a manual called "Audio Visual for Communications Systems". It is not found on the web. Regretfully I don't have a picture of the units and the term is not mentioned anywhere else in the manual (therefore there is nothing left but to guess).

It can be anything:
    Make sure that all lockable doors can be opened with the same key, as suggested by Chasint
    or Use the same key for all the doors

Chasint

English - England
    or Use the same key for all the doors
    It might be that each unit has a set of keys and is sold as a flat pack. Suppose you buy 5 units, and unpack them at the same time. Then each unit should have a unique key that fits all its doors. If you mix up the doors and the keys it will be very confusing.

Again it's a guess. I think you will have to check with the manufacturer.

pops91710

English, AE
    To me, it is clear as water. Key locking doors identically means to have all locking doors lock and unlock by one single key or by multiple identical keys. In other words, "keyed alike" as Benzene said.

Last edited: