/kgs, on Panamanian Certifcates [ certificates ]

hiladora

American English
Hi all,

I'm translating a some certificates from the country of Panama. Several of these documents contain "/kgs" below official seals. I have not seen this before and cannot locate a source that explains it. Does anyone have any idea what this abbreviation means?

Thanks for your help!

• NAPA Guy

Spanish-Cuba
    hiladora,

That is strange.

I may be wrong here, but are the documents that have the /kgs completed by the same person? It reminds me of the signature of someone, but actually completed by someone of trust, as in an assistant. It could be the assistant's initials, not kilograms, as I am sure you ruled out ;).

hiladora

American English
    hiladora,

That is strange.

I may be wrong here, but are the documents that have the /kgs completed by the same person? It reminds me of the signature of someone, but actually completed by someone of trust, as in an assistant. It could be the assistant's initials, not kilograms, as I am sure you ruled out ;).
    It's definitely not kilograms. I did check to see if "kgs" matched the initial's of any of the signatories of the document, and it did not. It is also all in lowercase, which is odd. As it turns out, the document was sent to me split into two files, so it actually only appears on one page (that I was sent twice). Perhaps it is a type-o, as I still haven't found anything about it anywhere...

Ferf

I agree with NAPA guy, except that this is not completely strange to me. It's got to be the trusted assistant´s initials.

I do not know about /kgs ( slash "/" and three lower case letters) specifically. What I do remember is that on the time before time, or the the olden days when Bill Gates had yet to shave, in other words, the ´80s (decade of 1980) managers and bosses did not type official correspondance on their own word processor but had stenographers and lackeys and the secretaries pool take dictation. On the document last line after the boss´ signature, the right side had something like "ABC/def " where "ABC" (in uppercase) were the bosses´ initials and "def" (in lowercase after the "/" slash) were the initials of the typist who took dictation

< Previous | Next >