kiel probe


Senior Member

I'm working on a text jet fighters and there's a reference to a "kiel probe".
I've found this definition in Wikipedia :
"A Kiel probe is a device for measuring pressure in fluid dynamics. It is a variation of a Pitot probe where the inlet is protected by a "shroud". Unlike the Pitot probe, it is not sensitive to changes in yaw angle, and is therefore useful when the probe's alignment with the flow direction is variable or imprecise."

Do you know by any chance what's the french word for it ?

Thanks !
  • < Previous | Next >