Kindly forward your response to my personal email, XXX

MateusLee

USA, English
This is the closing line in a letter and I'd like to make sure it's perfect... actually, I really don't know where to start as my Chinese often appears too rude. Thanks!

• ash341986

Chinese (Hokkien and Mandarin)
    請回信到我的信箱/email
    請回覆到我的信箱/email
    請把您的回覆寄到我的信箱/email
    I know some people use 電郵 too, but I don't know how to use it since in Taiwan it is not a common word.

inertia

Chinese - Mandarin
    In mainland China, we use the word "电邮" too, but a more formal and better phrase for "email" is "电子邮箱".
    I think by using "forward", MateusLee wants to ask the recipient to copy his/her response to her personal email as well as the one she is using to write her reply, which she may ony use in her office but not at home. OR the recipient has sent the reply to her office email, but she wants to receive a copy in her personal email.
    If I'm correct, then I think you should use "转发" for "forward".
    请把您的回复转发到我的个人(电子)邮箱xxx

You may always add "谢谢" (Thank you.) at the ending of almost any email to show politeness.

By the way, I'm writing in simplified Chinese, while ash341986 did in traditional Chinese. Hope that's fine.

ash341986

Chinese (Hokkien and Mandarin)
    In mainland China, we use the word "电邮" too, but a more formal and better phrase for "email" is "电子邮箱".
    I think by using "forward", MateusLee wants to ask the recipient to copy his/her response to her personal email as well as the one she is using to write her reply, which she may ony use in her office but not at home. OR the recipient has sent the reply to her office email, but she wants to receive a copy in her personal email.
    If I'm correct, then I think you should use "转发" for "forward".
    请把您的回复转发到我的个人(电子)邮箱xxx
    But when you want someone to forward his response to you, doesn't that mean you want him to respond you? 轉發 or 轉寄 to me is to send it to a third person rather than between two people, or to send something originally from a third person, like "你可以把那個檔案轉寄/轉發給我嗎?" (Can you forward that file to me?) or "我會把老師的簡報轉寄給你" (I will forward you the teacher's powerpoint).

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >