Kindly reminder

< Previous | Next >

ying086

China- Cantonese
Hi all,

Did you say the "as a kindly reminder"or "as a warm reminder" in an email?

Did anyone hear "A Warm Reminder" as a friendly phrase to use in this context?

Many thanks.

• ying086

China- Cantonese
    I write this sentense in an email. It reminds the customer to submit sth or return sth.
    eg. As a warm reminder, please return the original receipt for our assessment.

For further asking, "kindly noted that XXXXXX" is this sentense as friendly phrase also?

Thanks.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    I write this sentense in an email. It reminds the customer to submit sth or return sth.
    Sorry, but that would sound really strange in an business email in English. :(

Provided that you'd already asked the customer for it, I suppose something like "Could I please remind you to return the original receipt" would work.

heypresto

English - England
    I write this sentence in an email. It reminds the customer to submit sth or return sth.
    I agree with DonnyB - this would sound really strange.

(Note that 'sth' is not a word in English)

I suppose something like "Could I please remind you to return the original receipt" would work.
    :thumbsup:

ying086

China- Cantonese
    Thanks mate.

If I change the sentence like" As a warm reminder, please note that for Chinese Medicine Practitioner claim, Chinese Herbal Prescription is required to be submitted with the claim." Do you feel strange also?

It's because I wanna write this in a formal sentence rather than a question.
    Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks again.

DonnyB

Sixties Mod
    English UK Southern Standard English
    If I change the sentence like" As a warm reminder, please note that for Chinese Medicine Practitioner claim, Chinese Herbal Prescription is required to be submitted with the claim." Do you feel strange also?
    Yes: I'm afraid that's just as strange as the original sentence you came up with. :eek:

If you don't want to use what we've told you is the normal idiomatic way of phrasing a formal request like this, I daresay you could use: "As a polite reminder, please note that... ".

ying086

China- Cantonese
    Oh... thank you for your reminding. I will follow the sentence what you said before.

And for the sentence " As a warm reminder, please note that for Chinese Medicine Practitioner claim, Chinese Herbal Prescription is required to be submitted with the claim"

Do you have any opinions for re-writing the above sentence?

GreenWhiteBlue

USA - English
    Do you have any opinions for re-writing the above sentence?
    Ying, Donny has already given you two different options for re-writing the sentence; look at posts #4 and #7.

Also note that, while it is clear you are trying to be friendly, it is not the best manners to address someone responding to you on this forum as "mate."

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >