"King me"

subtitler

Finland
Hi!

In Jay Leno show, Jay jokes about the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton. He says that just a few hours ago after the wedding, Kate said to William: "King me!"
What's the joke here? I didn't quite get it. Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Dimwit :)

• quillerbee

Canadian English
    Hi sub,

if you and I are playing checkers, I move my pieces towards your side of the board and capture your pieces on the way (and vice versa). When I get one of my pieces all the way across to your side, that piece becomes a "king" and can now move anywhere on the board (also backwards). When this happens, I say, "King me" and you put one of my pieces which you have captured on top of this piece so it becomes a king, a double piece that we can see is different from the other pieces.

One day, William will be King, so Kate saying "King me" is like saying "put your piece on my piece" or "hop on me" with all the sexual innuendo. ;)

subtitler

Finland
    Hi sub,

if you and I are playing checkers, I move my pieces towards your side of the board and capture your pieces on the way (and vice versa). When I get one of my pieces all the way across to your side, that piece becomes a "king" and can now move anywhere on the board (also backwards). When this happens, I say, "King me" and you put one of my pieces which you have captured on top of this piece so it becomes a king, a double piece that we can see is different from the other pieces.

One day, William will be King, so Kate saying "King me" is like saying "put your piece on my piece" or "hop on me" with all the sexual innuendo. ;)
    Oh, I see, haha! Thanks ever so much! I could never have figured it out by myself, since checkers is not my forte ;)

< Previous | Next >