kuandu abo kria mi stima e tempu para!

< Previous | Next >
  • Carfer

Portuguese - Portugal
    No and... maybe. The only portuguese words that I recognize are 'Quando=when' and 'tempo para=the time stops/time for' the differences in ortography implying that it is the kind of shorthand used in sms (mobile messages9). I don't grasp the meaning of the whole sentence, though.

Last edited:

Dom Casmurro

Brazil Portuguese
    My guess is, this is Portuguese-derived creole, probably spoken in Cape Verde or Guinea-Bissau. But again, it's just a guess.

Besides the words pointed out by Carfer ('Quando=when' and 'tempo para=the time stops'), other recognizable words are abo (avô or avó = grandfather or grandmother), kria (cria = raises, as in "raises children"), mi (meu or minha = my) and stima (estima = esteem).

Bringing the guessing effort to its most extreme, we can have something like:

When grandfather/grandmother is engaged in raising children, both my esteem and time come to a halt.

Yes, I concede it makes little sense, but hopefully it might help you somehow.

almufadado

Português de Portugal
    kuandu abo kria mi stima e tempu pára!

Literal : Quando tu quer minha estima ele tempo pára !

Quando queres o meu amor (estima), o tempo pára !

When you want my love, time stops !

Creole (criolo/crioulo) is a mix of continental African native languages, accent and saying, with lacking words being filled by phonetic adaptations of Portuguese words. When this new words are included, the construction of sentences is very similar to the Portuguese, when not it's very proverbial. It has a vast vocabulary of African "things" complemented with the Portuguese and European "things". It is an autonomous language.
    The generic term Creole is an European generalization, because there are different Creoles from different country (Cabo Verde, Guine-Bissau, Angola).
    The phenomenon is a consequence of the mix of African, Portuguese and other Europeans (French, Dutch and Belgium) in the different islands of Cape Verde archipelago, that have different creoles too.

[...]O Cabo-verdiano é uma língua crioula de base portuguesa que se formou algumas décadas após o início da ocupação do arquipélago de Cabo Verde, (...) Chama-se crioulo por duas razões, uma de carácter histórico e outra de carácter linguístico. (...) palavra crioulo (originalmente, “pequena cria”) para designar os escravos que se criavam nas terras descobertas e ocupadas pelos portugueses. O termo estendeu-se, (...) e, finalmente, passou a designar também as línguas por eles faladas. [...]
    http://www.iltec.pt/divling/_pdfs/linguas_crioulo_cv.pdf

Sujeito__->__Enfático__->__Obj__->__Oblíquo
    1ª sg. N /mi__->__ami__->__-m/-mi mi
    2ª sg. bu/bo, nhu__->__ abo__->__ -(b)u/-bo bo
    3ª sg. e/el__->__ael__->__-l/-el el
    1ª pl. nu/nos__->__anos__->__ -nu/nos nos
    2ª pl. nhu__->__anhos__->__-nhos nhos
    3ª pl. es__->__aes__->__ -s/-es es

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >