l’abbiamo fatto fuori noi

< Previous | Next >

Trosa

Banned
Portuguese
Nel partito si è messo in moto il meccanismo che lo porterà all’emarginazione e alla caduta finale, fino al carcere, come conseguenza dell’isolamento politico che sarà sancito nel 1984 da una dichiarazione ai giornali del segretario nazionale, Ciriaco De Mita. Ai cronisti, che gli contestano lo strapotere di cui ha potuto godere l’ex sindaco dentro la Dc, il segretario risponde secco: “Ciancimino l’abbiamo fatto fuori noi”.

"It were we that put Ciancimino out (of scene)." - Something like this?

Grazie

• Leo57

UK English
    We were the ones who...
    We were responsible for ....
    (So sorry but I haven't read all the context but this sounds better in my opinion.)
    Also take a look at "oust" as it could fit. ...ousted him/them/xx out of office...
    that sort of thing.
    Ciao
    Leo:)

Last edited:

Giorgio Spizzi

Italian
    Hi, Leo,
    We were the ones who...
    We were responsible for
    are both impeccable, of course, but they will work appropriately only if you put an extra stress on "We", otherwise the "new info" seems to be Ciancimino.
    This if the words are spoken.
    On the other hand, to assist the reader and avoid all ambiguity, you might choose Black's option, in which the stress falls naturally on "us".
    Best.
    GS

Trosa

Banned
    Portuguese
    At first I had written "It was us...", then, in taht moment, it didn't sound well, maybe because of the displeasing phonetics of the «ss»: was us. Sorry. And thanks.

< Previous | Next >