l’emissione di comportamenti di salute

calau

italy italian
Hi, everibody!
This is a test of psychology and I can't find the translation of the word "emissione"

Negli ultimi anni diverse ricerche hanno valutato l’emissione di comportamenti di salute intesi sia come comportamenti a rischio sia come comportamenti che la promuovono,
This is my translation, but I'm not satisfied with the word
In recent years various researches valued the production of health behaviours, meaning both hazard behaviours and good behaviours
Any help, please? :confused:
Thanks

Usa un font di una dimensione leggibile.

• Kash

India, Hindi
    L’emissione di comportamenti di salute = Issue related to health behaviour

Last edited by a moderator:

neuromatico

English (Canadian)
    actually it means that a series of factors induce or inluence our behaviours.
    What I need is the word corresponding to the verb.
    I hope I was clearer
    Unless "emissione" means something other than emission, issue, ejection, release, or discharge, I don't see how it could refer to factors that influence behavior. Expression is the nearest English equivalent I can think of in this context. Production is ambiguous, however, and could indicate either behavior emitted by the subject or the external forces that generate it. Risk is used, not hazard, to describe behavior.
    Also, your English phrasing doesn't make sense. I've reformulated the sentence.

In recent years various research has evaluated the production of health behavior, meaning both risk behavior and behavior that promotes it.

I hope this helps.

calau

italy italian
    Unless "emissione" means something other than emission, issue, ejection, release, or discharge, I don't see how it could refer to factors that influence behavior. Expression is the nearest English equivalent I can think of in this context. Production is ambiguous, however, and could indicate either behavior emitted by the subject or the external forces that generate it. Risk is used, not hazard, to describe behavior.
    Also, your English phrasing doesn't make sense. I've reformulated the sentence.

In recent years various research has evaluated the production of health behavior, meaning both risk behavior and behavior that promotes it.

I hope this helps.
    THANK YOU! YOU'VE BEEN OF GREAT HELP! Thanks also for the help in phraising. Actually Italian is surely more complex than English, especially in context like this one. Thank you again

neuromatico

English (Canadian)
    By the way, can the word behaviour be plural?
    Yes it can be, but not in daily speech. In the cognitive and behavioral sciences, pluralization is often used, e.g.

Changes in health risk behaviors of elementary school students in northern Taiwan from 2001 to 2003: results from the child and adolescent behaviors in long-term evolution study. BACKGROUND: Previous research has indicated that children's behaviors have long-term effects on later life. BMC Public Health, January 2007

< Previous | Next >