La classe operaia

mieleus

italian
la classe operaia e' spesso su posizioni piu' avanzate rispetto a quanto riescano a capire le sue avanguardie.Soltanto i piccolo borghesi e i riformisti prodecono a piccoli passi.

Come lo tradurresti in inglese?
Often the working class is more advanced than its own forefront comprehend. Only petty bourgeois (com'e' il plurale?)and crusaders proceed step by step.

• mimitabby

usa, english
    The working class is often in a more advanced position in respect to what the other classes are able to understand.. Only the (we never use petty bourgeois!)
    petty bourgeois and the reformers proceed directly..
    wow.
    what country are we talking about? what era?

cecil

USA American English
    mieleus said:
    la classe operaia e' spesso su posizioni piu' avanzate rispetto a quanto riescano a capire le sue avanguardie.Soltanto i piccolo borghesi e i riformisti prodecono a piccoli passi.

Come lo tradurresti in inglese?
    Often the working class is more advanced than its own forefront comprehend. Only petty bourgeois (com'e' il plurale?)and crusaders proceed step by step.

How about: Only the lower-level bourgeoisie (pl.) and reformers proceed in small steps.

cecil

mieleus

italian
    mimitabby said:
    The working class is often in a more advanced position in respect to what the other classes are able to understand.. Only the (we never use petty bourgeois!)
    petty bourgeois and the reformers proceed directly..
    wow.
    what country are we talking about? what era?[/QUOTE

Grazie:e' parte di un copione di un film contemoraneo.

mieleus

italian
    It's an italian movie...it was just filmed here in Emilia and it's very philosophical...It's a low budget movie...so I'm translating it for free and,at the same time,I'm the female protagonist

mimitabby

usa, english
    mieleus said:
    Thanks,Mimi
    Simonetta
    okay, if they're italian. tell me what the petty bourg. & the reformers
    proceed directly to do?

improve their lot in life?
    what are they doing? I think this is important for an answer too.
    Mimi

mieleus

italian
    It's a scene of a movie where a few young boys organize a strike but they fail cause nobody shows up so they start considering that maybe the workers are more advanced than what they thought (la classe operaia e' spesso su posizioni piu' avanzate rispetto a quanto riescano a capire le sue avanguardie....).These boys are the avanguardie cause they organized the strike...they're students so they feel strong of their capability to talk about philosophy and social laws.The sentence continued:"Soltanto i piccolo borghesi ed i riformisti procedono a piccoli passi.I lavoratori corrono.Loro si che sono pronti al gran salto...Idealism of revolution...
    Happy now?
    But this is only a short scene...the movie is more hilarious than this...it's like a Fellini movie,sometimes ridiculous and sometimes dramatic...the plot line is about a bank robbery during the chaos of a carnival here in northern Italy.
    Ciao Mimi
    Simonetta

Panpan

England, English
    'Often the working class is more advanced than its own forefront comprehend. Only petty bourgeois (com'e' il plurale?)and crusaders proceed step by step.'

I would suggest 'Often the working class is more advanced than its own proponents know. Only the petty bourgeois and campaigners plan methodically'.

Hope that helps

Good luck with the film

Panpan

< Previous | Next >