La cuenta la sacaremos (la)

Nomadam

Chinese
I read this conversation in a text book, and it is between a customer who wanted to develop photos.
- Customer: Le pago ahora mismo?
- Employee: La cuenta la sacaremos cuando salgan todas las fotos.

I cannot understand the structure of the sentence. What is the meaning of the two "la"?
If
"la" in "la cuenta" means "the", and
"la" in "la sacaremos" is Pronombres acusatvos
then why don't we just say:
Sacaremos la cuenta....

Thanks in advance!

• User With No Name

English - U.S.
    It's a pronoun.

Word order in Spanish can be very flexible. If the object noun ("cuenta") comes before the verb, which is not strange in Spanish, an apparently "redundant" object pronoun is also normally included in the sentence.

acme_54

English UK
    "Sacaremos la cuenta " is what in English I would call the "bog standard" phrase. However, in spoken conversation, people tend to be less formal and will repeat things and use redundancies. In this case, rather than starting with the verb "Sacaremos", the spoken word sets out from the most important thing in the sentence, i.e. the noun. ("La cuenta....")

Cenzontle

English, U.S.
    "Sacaremos", the spoken word sets out from the most important thing in the sentence, i.e. the noun. ("La cuenta....")
    I have a slightly different explanation for why the object comes before the verb:
    there is a tendency to put "old" (familiar) information before new information.
    The customer has asked "¿Le pago?" This establishes financial matters as the topic of discussion.
    "La cuenta" is also a financial term, thus to be expected when the topic is money.
    "La sacaremos"—what we are going to do with the account—is new information in the context.
    In a way, we could say that, here, the verb is "the most important thing in the sentence".

S.V.

Español, México
    And then I have to disagree with both of ya, and say the most important is cuando salgan las fotos :D (end-focus here, like you say).

Que pases bien el fin de semana, Cenzuntli.

< Previous | Next >