la gente è depressa e scarica

Miele:)

English
Ciao a tutti! Allora cercavo a capire quei testi della canzone "Vieni a ballare in Puglia" di Caparezza, ma per me sono molto difficile da capire. :(
Ok so this may be the first of several posts asking questions about this same song. I am determined to understand it! :0)
My question has to do with this phrase, "è vero, qui si fa festa, ma la gente è depressa e scarica." How can this be translated??
Your help is appreciated!!!

• underhouse

Italian
    Hi Miele and welcome to WR forum! :)

Have you read the rules of the forum?

Among the others, you should provide an attempt of translation yourself and then the other users will help you out.

Miele:)

English
    Okey dokey I'll try myself! :)
    "people are depressed and (??)".
    I know on Italian websites it says "scaricamente" when the page is loading but in this context I don't know what it means.

underhouse

Italian
    Okey dokey I'll try myself! :)
    "people are depressed and (??)".
    I know on Italian websites it says "scaricamente" when the page is loading but in this context I don't know what it means.
    Well, "scarico" (feminine: "scarica") means the opposite of "carico" that is charged (I think you can say that in English also when it is referred to people).
    So "scarico" means the opposite of "charged", that is, with no energy.
    Perhaps, you can translate it as "down", but I am sure you will come up with a better translation.
    Hope it helps! :)

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >