la plus...que j'aie à faire valoir

Bonsoir, j'aurais cette phrase à vous soumettre:
"Mon expérience en tant que stagiaire au sein [d'une entreprise] reste la plus pertinente que j'aie à faire valoir pour ce poste."
que j'aie à faire valoir = que je puisse faire valoir

Je traduirais ainsi:
"My experience as a trainee within [a given company] remains (as?) the most relevant that I can emphasize to this position."

Merci pour vos commentaires et rectifications.

• toban

English - Canada
    I would save "experience" for later in the sentence: "My internship at X garnered me the most relevant experience for this position."

You could say it any number of ways, but I wouldn't use "remains" the same way as you use "reste" in French. Also, I would say "for this position" rather than "to."

Thank you Toban.
    The dictionnary is quite vague about the meaning of "garner" as a verb: assembler, rassembler, engranger.
    Can you explain me please how you would translate "garner" in your sentence.

Thanks a lot.

toban

English - Canada
    Hm... perhaps "j'ai amassé [de l'expérience]."

You may be better off going with a more general verb like "provided" or "acquired."

"My internship at X provided me with the most relevant experience for this position."

"During my internship at X, I acquired the most relevant experience for this position."

Thank you Toban.

The point is that the phrase is now getting away from what I wanted to mean.

In order to stick closer to the initial sense, I tried to reword it taking into account some of your comments:
    "My internship in ... constitutes the most relevant experience that I can provide for this position."

Thank you.

toban

English - Canada
    In a thread entitled faire valoir, someone suggested "emphasize" for "faire valoir."

In faire valoir ses compétences, someone suggested "highlight."

So maybe: "...constitutes the experience I would like to emphasize / highlight the most for this position."

"the most relevant" sounds a little strange to me in this sentence, unless you start it with something like "Out of all the jobs I have held, x constitutes the most relevant..."

< Previous | Next >