La presente es para informarle....

engage

spanish
Hola,

No acostumbro a escribir cartas formales y ahora me ha tocado. Alguien sabe como encabezar una carta de esta manera? "La presente es para informarle..." o "Me dirijo a usted para informarle..." ...GRACIAS

• LadyBlakeney

Spanish
    I use to write:

Dear Mr./Ms. _____,

I write to/contact you to inform you that...

or

I contact you regarding the issue...

I would really appreciate any contribution for the sake of my poor style. :)

David

Banned
    Why not, instead of "I am contacting you regarding the issue you raised in your letter of June 12," write "The war in Iraq is indeed an act of imperialistic madness perpetrated by a semi-literate crackpot, as you note in your letter of June 12, but..."

My English teacher Mrs. Noble used to say, "They already know you are writing, because they have your letter in their hand, so don´t tell them you are writing to thank them, just thank them." Of course she was an old lady. GDDrew is quite correct, of course, but I would prefer, instead of "I write to inform you that your dog died after his plastic surgery, but the corpse was beautiful", a more direct version:

"Dear Ms. Jones: We did everything we could, but your dog died after his plastic surgery. On the other hand, his corpse was beautiful."

I once worked for an organization that received fifty thousand dollars from a rich contributor. The director wrote "I write with our thanks..." The secretary, who was not too bright, couldn´t read his handwriting, and typed a letter to the donor reading, "I write without thanks..." Perhaps the director should have written "Dear Mr. Jones: Your stupendous and generous gift of $50,000 for the widows of bilingual firemen killed while drinking ice cream sodas has made everyone here feel humble, but proud...?" or something like that.

Vicki

United States/English
    engage said:
    No acostumbro a escribir cartas formales y ahora me ha tocado. Alguien sabe como encabezar una carta de esta manera? "La presente es para informarle..." o "Me dirijo a usted para informarle..." ...GRACIAS
    engage, ¿nos puedes explicar un poco más del porqué de la carta que te toca? La manera de comenzar la carta puede dependerse mucho del tema.

También, ¿vas a escribir en inglés o español? Lo que he notado es que por lo general, hasta en cartas sociales, en español se suele escribir en un estilo más florido, más formal que se haría en inglés.

Espero que sea de ayuda.

Saludos.
    Vicki

engage

spanish
    Vicki said:
    engage, ¿nos puedes explicar un poco más del porqué de la carta que te toca? La manera de comenzar la carta puede dependerse mucho del tema.

También, ¿vas a escribir en inglés o español? Lo que he notado es que por lo general, hasta en cartas sociales, en español se suele escribir en un estilo más florido, más formal que se haría en inglés.

Espero que sea de ayuda.

Saludos.
    Vicki
    Hola Vicki,

Normalmente escribo e-mails en inglés y de forma menos formal. La carta es para romper relaciones comerciales con una compañía. gracias.