La prochaine fois...j'te louperai pas!!!..

• Ardnaxela

British English
    I'm sure a native will correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't it be 'La prochaine fois...je ne te louperai pas'?

Ardnaxela

British English
    I know that in casual speach the French often drop the 'ne', but I've never seen 'j'te' before. Is it common to write this instead of 'je te' when you're being informal?

la grive solitaire

United States, English
    egueule said:
    Note that j'te is often pronounced chte.
    La prochaine fois, j'te louperai pas could mean next time I'll getcha.
    As in, "Next time, you betcha, I'll getcha." :D (Meaning: "You better watch out/watch your step.")

Jaspion

France French
    "Just you wait!"

It has nothing to do with the northern accent, you can hear "j'te" anywhere in France. Though they say it the French rarely write it even on the Internet.

Funnily enough, what we call "northern accent" in France isn't exactly the kind of accent that can be heard in Paris lol

OlivierG

France / Français
    Jaspion said:
    "Just you wait!"

It has nothing to do with the northern accent, you can hear "j'te" anywhere in France. Though they say it the French rarely write it even on the Internet.
    Hmm... If you hear me talking, you'll see it does depend on the accent. If I talk fast (e.g. when upset), I'll say "ch'tE loupErai pas", otherwise, I'll say "jE tE loupErai pas"
    Funnily enough, what we call "northern accent" in France isn't exactly the kind of accent that can be heard in Paris lol
    North and South are relative concepts. ;)
    Let's say "the accent(s) from the northern half of France", then.

DDT

Italy - Italian
    OlivierG said:
    Hmm... If you hear me talking, you'll see it does depend on the accent. If I talk fast (e.g. when upset), I'll say "ch'tE loupErai pas", otherwise, I'll say "jE tE loupErai pas"

North and South are relative concepts. ;)
    Let's say "the accent(s) from the northern half of France", then.
    Ahhh, ces Parigots, qu'est-ce qu'ils compliquent la vie...:D

DDT

< Previous | Next >