la vigencia y ejecución del contrato

aalexotero

Spanish - Cuba
¡Hola! Estoy traduciendo un contrato y ando trabado con esto:

"es responsable por el pago de todos los daños y/o perjuicios que cause a terceros durante la vigencia y ejecución del contrato..."

Tengo entendido que "ejecución" se refiere normalmente a cuando se firma el contrato, pero no me parece que signifique eso en este caso. ¿Alguien tiene idea?

• gengo

American English
    ...is responsible for the payment of all damages and/or losses caused to third parties during the term and execution of the contract...

The execution of a contract means carrying out what is stipulated in the contract.

aalexotero

Spanish - Cuba
    ...is responsible for the payment of all damages and/or losses caused to third parties during the term and execution of the contract...

The execution of a contract means carrying out what is stipulated in the contract.
    Thank you, gengo. I assume that the distinction is made because whatever is stipulated can be carried out before the term of the contract, am I right? I want to understand in case they ask me.

gengo

American English
    I assume that the distinction is made because whatever is stipulated can be carried out before the term of the contract, am I right? I want to understand in case they ask me.

Lawyers like to be wordy, and they often use synonyms and terms that seem redundant. I assume this also applies to Spanish.

That said, I guess there is a fine distinction between "during the term of the contract" (between the dates in which the contract is valid) and "during the execution of the contract" (in the course of acting according to the stipulations).

I'm not a lawyer, but that's how I see it.

Joe Esquire

Spanish Spain- English US
    It appears to me that the drafting attorney is vaguely making a distinction between the actual written term of the contract versus the period of time that it may take to actually fulfill all conditions, which may go beyond the initial term, such as automatic extension for work stoppages, weather, supply shortages, inspection delays, or post-closing punch list or warranty work. (In a construction contract, for example).

Term and actual completion often do not match; without there being a breach.

Regards,

je

aalexotero

Spanish - Cuba
    It appears to me that the drafting attorney is vaguely making a distinction between the actual written term of the contract versus the period of time that it may take to actually fulfill all conditions, which may go beyond the initial term, such as automatic extension for work stoppages, weather, supply shortages, inspection delays, or post-closing punch list or warranty work. (In a construction contract, for example).

Term and actual completion often do not match; without there being a breach.

Regards,

je
    Yes, I agree that that distinction is being made. Thank you very much for replying.