La visée technologique de (Id...se) est de réaliser un face

marcianna74

English-Canada
La visée technologique de Idem Esse est de réaliser un face à face contre nature entre marionnettiste et marionnette, unies par le numérique
My problem with this sentence is,( face à face contre nature). The context is an actor face to face with a life size puppet who mimics the actions of the actor to symbolize man`s seeing himself in others. Face to face against nature just doesn`t work for me. Can someone suggest something else. I thought maybe mirror-image. Anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks, Ann

• XPditif

français (France)
    Hey Marcianna.
    Here it's (face à face)(contre-nature), ie the face to face is against the elementary laws of nature
    (I don't know if "against nature" exist in this acception in English, though I found "crimes against nature", but I don't know if this has the same meaning as the "crime contre-nature" in French).
    So an evil, an unatural, a blasphematory, an unlikely...
    face to face.
    ;)

marcianna74

English-Canada
    Thanks for your input XPditif, but I still can't make it work with the words unlikely, I'm just wondering if it's just one of those things that just can't be translated into English.

< Previous | Next >