La voiture s'approcha de moi

Français - Canada, English - Canada
    Hello,
    i do not think it would be a great translation. I would suggest you to use this translation : ''The car was geting closer to me''.

savannah

English, USA
    Better, I think, to say "The car approached me." It's the passé simple, and not the imperfect in the original sentence.

Even better, "The car drew closer to me" or "The car came near me."

Français - Canada, English - Canada
    Well I did not took in consideration the verb tense i wanted to keep the idea of the car which was a danger and it wouldn't stop his way to the person.

To have the best translation I would like to know the context of the sentence. Otherwise, we can't do anything else than a direct translation like Savannah did.

savannah

English, USA
    Well I did not took in consideration the verb tense i wanted to keep the idea of the car which was a danger and it wouldn't stop his way to the person.

To have the best translation I would like to know the context of the sentence. Otherwise, we can't do anything else than a direct translation like Savannah did.
    Ah-20100, we replied at almost the same exact time; by "better" I meant to respond to the original poster and not to you:) I agree that we'd need more context to know exactly how to render the verb.

< Previous | Next >