label / tag / mark / flag


Castellano - Argentina
Hi! Let's say you are hiring for a company and you got a bunch of CVs on paper. To organize things you put dots with markers of various colors meaning different things - could be either positive or negative.

What would you call these dots? Are they labels? Tags? Marks? Flags?

Edit: could be groups? I don't mind if you get creative, but I want it to be easy to understand
  • Roxxxannne

    Senior Member
    American English (New England and NYC)
    I'd call them dots or marks. In a sentence I'd say "I flagged the ones that were excellent with a blue dot."