lamina de agua

Discussion in 'Specialized Terminology' started by MsMula, Apr 9, 2009.

  1. MsMula Senior Member

    UK, English
    Hi everyone

    I am translating a contract regarding a port licence and it describes a permit specifically for the 'lamina de agua'. I'm guessing this is some sort of area around the dock, but I can't work out the English equivalent. Any ideas?

    Many thanks!
  2. Marxelo

    Marxelo Senior Member

    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Castellano Rioplatense
    Difícil saber sin mayor contexto.
  3. ECDS Senior Member

    Badajoz, España
    In general "lamina de agua" is a mass of water.

    But as a nautical term, it's the surface of water that a boat needs to dock, and is used to calculate how much would you have to pay.
    It's equivalent to the reflection of the boat in the water, in m2 (square metres)
  4. Alisterio

    Alisterio Senior Member

    Mexico City
    UK English
    So it would be the equivalent of mooring rights, calculated on a square-metre basis?
  5. ECDS Senior Member

    Badajoz, España
    I don't think so, as equivalent of mooring rights.

    State is the owner of the water. State "rent" the water to the harbor and you pay the "lámina de agua" with this concept.

    As I see it also depends on the harbor. In some of them you pay the mooring rights and the "lámina de agua". In others, you pay only one "right".

Share This Page