landscape architect - landscaper

< Previous | Next >

ogrody

Polish
hi,

what's the/is there any difference between landscape architect and landscaper and in spanish
arquitecta del paisaje and paisajista?

thanks in advance,

o.

• Chris K

English / US
    In English a "landscape architect" is often someone with a professional degree, whose job is to design landscapes. A "landscaper" is a contractor or an employee who does the actual work of planting, etc.

Welcome to the forum.

ungatomalo

Spain's Spanish
    Hmm...
    "arquitecta del paisaje" is a weird expression, maybe you should go with "arquitecta/arquitecto paisajista".

@Chris K
    A "paisajista" can design landscapes (at least in Spain)

Regards,
    u.

ogrody

Polish
    thanks Chris :)
    you mean that landscape architect makes projects and landscaper executes it in, let's say, a garden?

ungatomalo when i was doing my spanish course teacher translated it that way. but then next one used "paisajista" and i don't know.. o_O

extremaydura

Mexican Spanish
    thanks Chris :)
    you mean that landscape architect makes projects and landscaper executes it in, let's say, a garden?
    Correct.

However a garden is such small project usually tackled by a landscape contractor without need for a LA.

Medium/large construction projects like malls or condo developments require landscape design and it's part of construction documents (blueprints), these have to be signed/stamped by a licensed Landscape Architect.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >