landscape architect

Silver

Chinese,Cantonese,Sichuan dialect
Hi,

One of my friends is a designer, but she calls herself an architect, and her designing is about landscaping. I wonder if I can say:

She's a landscape architect.

Thanks a lot

• The Newt

English - US
    Landscape architecture is definitely a recognized profession. Whether your friend is "a landscape architect" I can't say, but it sounds like she might well be.

You little ripper!

Australian English
    Landscape architect

A landscape architect is a person who is educated in the field of landscape architecture. The practice of landscape architcture includes: site analysis, site inventory, land planning, planting design, grading, storm water management, sustainable design, construction specification and insuring that all plans meet the current building codes and local and federal ordinances. .......

Landscape architecture

Landscape architecture is the design of outdoor public areas, landmarks, and structures to achieve environmental, social-behavioral, or aesthetic outcomes.[2] It involves the systematic investigation of existing social, ecological, and soil conditions and processes in the landscape, and the design of interventions that will produce the desired outcome. .........

< Previous | Next >