Landscape operations officer

< Previous | Next >

Jin akashini

vietnamese
Hi every one,

I'm translating a document named "SINGAPORE YEARBOOK OF MANPOWER STATISTICS, 2011" and I have to translate some job titles of which some sounds strange to me (I don't think in Vietnam, there are such jobs) so I want to ask you about these jobs.

Can you explain or give me job description of "Landscape operations officer" ? I have no idea about this job, but I think it means "an officer who design landscapes, like landscape of a building)

Thanks,

• Scott AM

English - Canada
    Hi every one,

I'm translating a document named "SINGAPORE YEARBOOK OF MANPOWER STATISTICS, 2011" and I have to translate some job titles of which some sounds strange to me (I don't think in Vietnam, there are such jobs) so I want to ask you about these jobs.

Can you explain or give me job description of "Landscape operations officer" ? I have no idea about this job, but I think it means "an officer who design landscapes, like landscape of a building)

Thanks,
    I would take it to mean a person who oversees landscaping activities.

The word "Operations" suggests to me that the person will be involved with the actual activities of landscaping, and not things like design.

The word "Officer" is like "Manager", in that the person will oversee the people doing the work. They won't be doing the landscaping themselves.

Finally, the word "Landscaping" indicates that it deals with how land, such as around a building, looks. Lawns, trees, shrubs, ornamental water features, etc.

< Previous | Next >