Language id from a picture

sergiudanielg

romanian
Hi, could you, please, help with identification and maybe translation of the language from the attached picture.
It is written on a stone border and someone try to scan it, quality is not perfect.

Attachments

• pic1.PNG
    pic1.PNG
    150.3 KB · Views: 39
  • pic2.PNG
    pic2.PNG
    23.8 KB · Views: 36
  • pic3.PNG
    pic3.PNG
    44.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Welsh_Sion

Welsh - Northern
    Some clues like 'what is a 'stone border'?', 'where is this inscription to be found?', 'is there any idea of its age?' 'how is it written, e.g. inscribed, written in ink, something else?' 'where did you see it - in a book or 'in the wild?' might also be helpful.

Otherwise, I think we're still as much in the dark as you are!

AndrasBP

Hungarian
    Hi, could you, please, help with identification and maybe translation of the language from the attached picture.
    It is written on a stone border and someone try to scan it, quality is not perfect.
    I can't understand it but I'm pretty confident that the language is Romanian :), written in the Cyrillic script, which was still in use in the 19th century.

sergiudanielg

romanian
    Some clues like 'what is a 'stone border'?', 'where is this inscription to be found?', 'is there any idea of its age?' 'how is it written, e.g. inscribed, written in ink, something else?' 'where did you see it - in a book or 'in the wild?' might also be helpful.

Otherwise, I think we're still as much in the dark as you are!
    HI There,It was written on a border stone cross, in Romania.

sergiudanielg

romanian
    I can't understand it but I'm pretty confident that the language is Romanian :), written in the Cyrillic script, which was still in use in the 19th century.
    Is there a specific alphabet which i can use to translate those words?
    I searched Cyrillic on google and it seems there are a lot of flavors.