Language identifier

< Previous | Next >
  • Jana337

    Senior Member
    čeština
    danae_klimt said:
    I Agree typed "Hola" (hello in spanish) and found slovaquien.
    Which is not that bad because this is a meaningful word in Slavic languages. You probably have to provide a larger sample of words to make sure that they are identified correctly.

    Jana
     

    beatrizg

    Senior Member
    Colombia, Spanish
    I just wrote the following sentence in Spanish:

    "La gata de casa va a hacer una fiesta."

    ...and the result was Catalan_iso. It didn't even have Spanish as a choice. :confused: :confused:
     

    Roi Marphille

    Senior Member
    Catalonia, Catalan.
    beatrizg said:
    I just wrote the following sentence in Spanish:

    "La gata de casa va a hacer una fiesta."

    ...and the result was Catalan_iso. It didn't even have Spanish as a choice. :confused: :confused:
    ups, in Catalan is: "la gata de casa farà una festa"
     

    elroy

    Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    You definitely need a larger text. I'd say at least one paragraph. Languages are too similar for it too be that easy. ;)
     

    Whodunit

    Senior Member
    Deutschland ~ Deutsch/Sächsisch
    elroy said:
    You definitely need a larger text. I'd say at least one paragraph. Languages are too similar for it too be that easy. ;)
    Besides it's a machine. Don't forget that machine can't ever replace people. If I gave you this sentence ...

    "Er Laa Tin Vaal ta sleih cheet voish dy chooilley ard jeh Mannin dy chlashtyn ny slattyssyn focklit magh."

    ... could you imagine which language that is? I mean you may guess it, but never know it for sure. ;)
     

    JLanguage

    Senior Member
    USA: American English, Learning Hebrew and Spanish
    Whodunit said:
    Besides it's a machine. Don't forget that machine can't ever replace people. If I gave you this sentence ...

    "Er Laa Tin Vaal ta sleih cheet voish dy chooilley ard jeh Mannin dy chlashtyn ny slattyssyn focklit magh."

    ... could you imagine which language that is? I mean you may guess it, but never know it for sure. ;)
    Manx is not in the machine's database.
    EDIT: The machine works well I would say, especially taking into consideration the limits of a simple computer program.
     
    < Previous | Next >
    Top