large-cap growth

latinm

Panama, Spanish
A fund with exposure to large-cap growth stocks. ¡Gracias!

Last edited by a moderator:
  • lauranazario

Moderatrix
    Español puertorriqueño & US English
    Hola Latinm... y bienvenido(a) al foro.

De momento, no tengo conmigo mi mejor fuente de referencia de negocios (buscaré cuando llegue a casa). Por lo pronto, voy a transferir tu consulta al foro de Términos Financieros para ver si nuestros compañeros nos echan una mano.

Saludos,
    LN

Jana337

čeština
    Hi,

I am not able to provide you with a Spanish translation. However, let me give you a few hints. You may arrive there yourself.

I would dissect the sentence like this: A fund with exposure to "large-cap" "growth stocks" (i.e. not ... exposure to "large-cap growth" stocks).

Large-cap relates to companies with a large market capitalization (5 bln. and more, sometimes you can see 10 bln.).

So, I would interpret it as growing (i.e. rising in value) stocks of large companies.

Does this make sense to you?

Addendum: that is, large-cap stands for large capitalization. If you need help with other terms, just ask.

Fernando

Spain, Spanish
    I agree with Jana337. Large-cap: Large Capitalization.

I am not so sure about growth stocks. I think that it refers to growing companies : they are in sectors with huge growth every year, in opposition with 'blue chips' (well known stablished companies with a predictable low growth). As a consequence they usually funding.

Jana337

čeština
    Fernando, I am willing to concede you the point but note that we are not necessarily in contradiction. The rising earnings tend to translate in the pricing of stocks, don't they? Consider please this definition copied from the investopedia:

Growth stocks: Shares in a company whose earnings are expected to grow at an above average rate relative to the market.

A growth stock usually does not pay a dividend, as the company would prefer to reinvest retained earnings in capital projects. Most technology companies are growth stocks.

Note that a growth company's stock is not always classified as growth stock. In fact, a growth company's stock is often overvalued.

Also known as a "glamor stock".

latinm

Panama, Spanish
    ¡Gracias a todos!
    Mi traducción para esta frase sería:
    Un fondo expuesto a valores de crecimiento de gran capital.