Late material to add to a book chapter- Use Postscript?

< Previous | Next >

Maurise

English Britian
Family history book.
I found some additional material that would require a reorganisation of a chapter to add it in. Also the work has been edited and proof read.
It only needs 2 sentences. Can I use "Postscript" (in full) at the end of the document or is there another appropriate heading?
Thank you in advance

• Maurise

English Britian
    Hello Copyright

No I have never had to do this either and I have never seen anyone else do it. However my understnding is that an Addendum is at the end of the book. This is just at the end of a chapter or family group. Families generally only look up their own family that is why I have done footnotes starting at number 1 for each family and I also put information that is a bit pedantic but necessary for accuracy in the footnotes. If it was a lot of information that affected the book in its entirety then I would use addendum. What about "note" as in note this?

Thanks anyway.

gramman

I might consider looking to include the material within the document. How much reorganization is required? I'm guessing you've already done this, and the answer is "too much," but I thought I'd suggest it.

Copyright is a very organized and thorough cat; that's why he's never had this problem. But I agree that Addendum is the proper term. You can see this is not uncommon from a search return on addendum "family history".

Copyright

American English
    Ah, I read too fast and thought they were at the end of the book. At the ends of chapters, I think it's possible to use either Note or Postscript. It is a family history, so you could probably use anything from "This just in ..." to whatever you like. :)

Added: Perhaps I should have taken a nap instead of responding -- gramman seems happy with my original Addendum. :D

gramman

I don't mean to Google you to death, but adding an addendum to a chapter doesn't appear to be unusual: "addendum to chapter". Even adding "family history" as a term still yields a return of a couple of dozen.

I wouldn't go by my opinion, kitty-kat. You know me well enough to realize the kind of trouble that can get you into. That said, I think "Note" would work as well. The key, in my opinion, would be the way you let the reader know about it. Might be important to mention it early on.

Maurise

English Britian
    Hi Copyright

I know what you mean. True in Family history I dont have to stick to hard and fast rules and I have broken some with the footnotes style. So yes I think it will be
    ok to put postscript.

Yes it really is too difficult to introduce this bit of info, plus time is running out.
    Thanks for your thoughts.
    regards

Maurise

English Britian
    Hi Gramman

Yes I thought about it and it can go into a postscript or whatever I use but too hard to introduce it in the text. But it is not out of context within this family's history. It is just one particular line and it is of interest really. Like by the way......
    Thanks guys

< Previous | Next >