lateral tripod grasp / open web space was open fingers in a mid-range position

< Previous | Next >

NinaDee

English - United States
Hello,

I am translating a special education document from English to Spanish and was having trouble with the following few sentences (particularly the sections in bold) relating to a student's pencil grasp while taking an evaluation:

Original: "Yamín is right dominant and used a lateral tripod grasp to hold the pencil a majority of the time. Her thumb was placed over the shaft of the pencil and at times she placed three other fingers on the pencil. The open web space was open fingers in a mid-range position."

My attempt: "Yamín es diestra y utilizó una prensión trípode lateral para agarrar el lápiz la mayoría del tiempo. Colocó el pulgar por encima de la barra del lápiz y a veces colocó tres otros dedos en el lápiz. El espacio interdigital abierto fue dedos abiertos en una posición central."

I found a few results for "prensión trípode lateral" but not many, so I was wondering if there was a different way to say it. I'm also not too sure what is meant by the last sentence as it is written pretty awkwardly, which makes the translation difficult. Thanks!

• nelliot53

Spanish-[PR]; English-[US]
    My attempt:

"Yamín es diestra y utilizó un agarre de trípode lateral para usar el lápiz la mayoría del tiempo. Colocó el pulgar por encima de la barra del lápiz y algunas veces colocó otros tres dedos sobre el lápiz. El espacio interdigital abierto fue de dedos abiertos en una posición de medio rango."

Lyrica_Soundbite

Spanish - Argentina
    Parece que en Google hay más resultados para "pinza trípode lateral".

"Yamín es diestra y utilizó una pinza trípode lateral para agarrar el lápiz la mayoría del tiempo. Colocó el pulgar por encima de la barra del lápiz y a veces colocó otros tres dedos en el lápiz. El espacio interdigital abierto fue de dedos abiertos en una posición de medio alcance."

< Previous | Next >