Laurea in Arte e Scienze dello Spettacolo


Senior Member
Hello everyone,

I this thread which is similar. I was wondering if Bachelor in Performing Science and Arts could be appropriate to translate Laurea in Arte e Scienze dello Spettacolo. Is degree more correct instead of bachelor?

Thank you very much

  • Either would serve to translate this. I prefer your specific suggestion of Bachelor in ecc.

    A degree is a qualification. This can be divided into many different genre. In science (where you are called a Batchelor of Science and obtain the letters BSc after your name), in the arts (Batchelor of Arts BA) or Laws LLB etc etc.

    london calling

    Senior Member
    UK English
    It's the arts that are performing, not the science:): Performing Arts. As a matter of fact, I don't think I'd even using the word science. I think many of these degree are awarded in Performing Arts alone - have a look at this, for example.


    English (British)
    1) You should definitely avoid "science" in the English translation.

    You could consider "theory" instead and contrast this with "practice", i.e. "the theory and practice of the performing arts".

    Alternatively, you could just leave out the "arte e scienzie" bit, which would be more idiomatic in English.

    2) "Performing Arts" sounds ok.

    3) With degree/bachelors, it depends on what kind of a laurea it is:

    laurea triennale = bachelors
    laurea magistrale = masters

    laurea as "degree" is ambiguous, probably best to avoid.

    So my suggestion, probably best as: Bachelors in Performing Arts