lawn seats in concerts

< Previous | Next >

cecillian

Georgian
Hi,
I'm wondering if lawn seats are the rear raw of seats in concert or just an open lawn area on which people can seat on lawn or can bring some seat with them?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
  • Egmont

English - U.S.
    It usually means a lawn area in which people sit on blankets or on seats they bring themselves. Sometimes it is divided into two or more areas in which different types of seats are allowed, such as only blankets near the stage. If you are thinking of a specific concert venue, tell us what it is and we may be able to be more specific in our answers. There is no need to be mysterious; this is always public information.

cecillian

Georgian
    Oh Egmont,it just nothing mysterious.It was about a line in a book but as it was something general I thought you could find it in every advertisement.But thank you so much for the information.Here is the quote from Who will Run the Frog Hospital by Laurie Moore.Lawn sets were the cheapest:two-fifty apiece.
    Whats your opinion now? Adding that they were carrying a blanket too.

Last edited:

JustKate

Yes, the reference is simply to a place within the concert venue where, in exchange for a cheaper price, people can sit on the lawn either on folding chairs or blankets. The word seat is a misnomer - it's used a lot in these situations, but of course there isn't really a seat, per se.

JustKate

So can we say these kind of places are just special for the outdoor concerts JustKate?
    Yes - well, all outdoor venues. For example, lots of baseball fields have lawn seats, too. It's a way for families to see the game without having to spend a whole lot of money. In most places, you can even bring your own food and drink.

Edit: I should have said "all outdoor venues that operate in the summer." Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, which is where the American football team the Green Bay Packers play, is outdoors, but nobody wants to sit on the lawn there in, say, December.

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >