le procès verbal de réception

birdy25

English (UK)
Help!
can any one help translate the frech word réception in the context bellow.

Il est le seul qualifié pour signer le bon de livraison ou le procès verbal de réception.

• anangelaway

French
    Welcome to the forums birdy25, :)

I just changed the title of this thread in order to allow further searches for the same topic according to WR rule #4. Please remember in the future to post the subject of your thread as a title.

Thank you,
    Anangelaway

alisonp

English - UK
    'réception' is 'receipt', but I think what you really want to know is what is meant by 'procès verbal de réception' (which I can't help with).

Isanou

Français Canada
    I've never heard procès verbal de reception

"He's the only one autorized to sign the receipt / the packing slip"

anangelaway

French
    Voici un document donnant de nombreuses informations sur le déroulement d'une réception/procès verbal de réception afin d'aider les natifs à comprendre le terme. (si cela peut aider)

La réception est l’acte par lequel le maître d’ouvrage déclare accepter l’ouvrage avec ou sans réserves.

4. Préparation du procès-verbal (de réception ou de refus de réception par l’architecte maître d’œuvre). Signature par le maître d’ouvrage et précision notamment de la date d’achèvement des travaux valant date d’effet de la réception.

FBO

France - Français
    Hum
    Final acceptance report peut convenir à mon avis
    ou Completion report
    Si quelqu'un a mieux je suis preneur

surfboy

Italy English Italian
    Hum
    Final acceptance report peut convenir à mon avis
    ou Completion report
    Si quelqu'un a mieux je suis preneur
    I have an issue with the use of the word "report", as I understand it, "compte rendu" is equivalent to "report".
    A "procès verbal" is signed by both parties, a "compte rendu" not necessarily.

"Completion certificate" doesn't seem quite right for "procès verbal de réception", how about the following ? :

"Acceptance sign-off document"
    "Acceptance sign-off review"

or in certain cases:
    "User acceptance sign-off"
    "Project acceptance sign-off"
    "Final acceptance sign-off"?

pimousse

Salut,

L'équivalent du "PV de réception" dans le monde anglo-saxon est le "permit-to-use certificate" ou "PTU certificate".

Le "completion certificate" est quant à lui l'équivalent du "PV (ou constat) de levée des réserves".

C'est du moins ma pratique en tant que juriste dans le monde de la construction internationale. ;)

chapteryx

I'm a bit late to the discussion, but for future reference, I think the "sidetrack" into project completion and acceptance testing is off-topic here. Because the writer is talking about le bon de livraison ou le procès verbal de réception., it would seem more appropriate to interpret this as physical goods being transported, and the acknowledgement of receipt upon delivery.
    IMHO, I would think a better translation would be:
    "He is the only person authorised to sign a packing slip or delivery receipt."
    Certainly the discussion above about user acceptance etc is very useful, but the PV also refers to a more "real world" application that came well before computers.
    Of course, your mileage may vary YMMV ;)

< Previous | Next >