le savoir-faire pour le faire savoir

France - French
here is the sentence I would like to translate:
"Communiquer pour durer : le savoir-faire pour le faire savoir"
this should sound as a motto in English as it does in French...
my first try: "Communicate to last: the know-how to let it know"
in fact, I am not quite confident with both parts of the sentence, and I would rather say something like:
"long-term communication : we know how and will make it know"
how do you feel with these ???
thanks for your help !

RuK

English/lives France
No, sorry. Neither works at all. Is this a title? What is this document about? What kind of industry?

France - French
well, your answer doesn't surprise me !...
It is for a communication agency, namely PR agency (press and public relations)... working in very various fields
and it is for a presentation document some kind of a brochure, as an introduction motto...

harrythelm

USA English
"the things to know about making things known"

Je ne comprends pas très bien "communiquer pour durer" [Apprendre à] communiquer pour qssurer que votre entreprise tiendra longtemps ??

France - French
"the things to know about making things known"

Je ne comprends pas très bien "communiquer pour durer" [Apprendre à] communiquer pour qssurer que votre entreprise tiendra longtemps ??
oui c'est l'idée "bien communiquer est essentiel pour perdurer: nous vous apportons cette compétence par notre savoir-faire, et le faisons savoir auprès de vos cibles"
merci pour cet essai, qui reprend bien la répétition "savoir" et "faire" par "things" et "know" : mais est-ce cela va toujours avec le début ?

harrythelm

USA English
pas du tout mot à mot, mais à peu près le même ton percutant :

communicate to stay alive and thrive: the things to know about making things known

ça fait très Madison Avenue… ce qui n'est pas forcément un compliment

France - French
A/ Communicate or die: Understanding how to make yourself understood.
B/ Communicate to stay alive and thrive: the things to know about making things known

well, I like both tries, mainly for the 2nd part... A/ is shorter which is a good point, but a little less punchy except for the 1st part, and B/ seems a little bit pretentious ("Madison")
so why not
C/ Communicate or die: the things to know about making things known ... ??

or... "communicate" may be not the right intro, it sounds weird to me
ok we communicate, but that's what every communication agency does... don't they ?
the company name is "droit devant", i.e. "straight forward", I feel like we should use it, shouldn't we ?
what do you think about:
" Straight thinking : the things to know about making things know"... ??

English - Canadian
These things are fun. ;) I was thinking "communicate or die" too ...

Rather than "straight forward" it would be "straight ahead", I think.

How about "straight talking", or better, just "straight talk", rather than "straight thinking"? It includes the "communicate" aspect.

Straight talk: All the jive to stay alive; or: know your jive, stay alive.

It has all three components, just in different order. ;)

France - French
nice tries, that's a good brainstorming...
now I need to let it rest 1 or 2 days before making a decision

LivingTree propositions sound more jazzy, but maybe I keep C/ which looks more classical and less risky for such a presentation

merci à tous,