Leap tall buildings in a single bound

moura

Portuguese Portugal
Hi,

What could be explanation or meaning for this sentence: "Leap tall buldings in a single bound"?
I found it in the net vey attached to superman, but in the book where I found it, it may express some "psychological" or "mental" action.
Thanks

• Brioche

Australia English
    moura said:
    Hi,

What could be explanation or meaning for this sentence: "Leap tall buldings in a single bound"?
    I found it in the net vey attached to superman, but in the book where I found it, it may express some "psychological" or "mental" action.
    Thanks

a bound = a leap upwards or forwards.

"leap tall buildings in a single bound" = jump over tall buildings in just one jump.

GenJen54

USA - English
    "Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound --- 'Look, up in the sky,' 'It's a bird,' 'It's a plane,' 'It's Superman....' "

This paragraph (dramatized, of course) used to be the opener for the original "Superman" TV show. Not being a comic reader, I cannot verify if it came from the original comic paperbacks, but have to assume that it did.

It is speaking of one of Superman's "super" abilities, or super powers, as they are called.