Lebanese: I like to have fun too. Me and friends love to laugh a lot and talk a lot.

mini91

UK
English-UK
Hello I would like to know how I could say the following in the Lebanese dialect: I like to have fun too. Me and friends love to laugh a lot and talk a lot. When we want to have fun we go out and eat and then go to the cinema as we live near it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
  • nanos

Arabic-Lebanese
    ana kamena b7eb l basot.ana w ref2ati min n7eb nemza7 (i think u mean by laugh is be funny/goofy...) w ne7ki. w lamma badna nghayer jaw (this is a lebanese expression that means you want to go out, have fun...) min rou7 nekol bi shi ma77al w ba3dein 3al l cine yalli jamb baytna or janbna...(this doesn't mean the exact thing you said about the movies, it means you go to the movies near where you live)

mini91

UK
    English-UK
    ana kamena b7eb l basot.ana w ref2ati min n7eb nemza7 (i think u mean by laugh is be funny/goofy...) w ne7ki. w lamma badna nghayer jaw (this is a lebanese expression that means you want to go out, have fun...) min rou7 nekol bi shi ma77al w ba3dein 3al l cine yalli jamb baytna or janbna...(this doesn't mean the exact thing you said about the movies, it means you go to the movies near where you live)

Thank you very much nanos! I realised that your Lebanese differs from what I have heard, are there different dialects or expressions around Libnaan?

nanos

Arabic-Lebanese
    It sometimes differs from one region to another... For instance, people from the North sound a little different than people from Beirut...People from the South as well... People from the mountains... But we all understand each other :p :D

< Previous | Next >