Lebanese: I love my haircut, it is much shorther than previously and lighter. In my town most salons are run by non-Muslim women

mini91

UK
English-UK
How can the following be said in the Lebanese dialect: I love my haircut, it is much shorther and lighter than previously . In my town most salons are run by non-Muslim women so many women prefer to go to each others houses to cut their hair. Thanks in advance :)

• nanos

Arabic-Lebanese
    B7eb 2asset sha3rii, 2asira w khafifeh. bi day3ti kil l salonet mestelminon banet/neswein mish mesilmiin, fa ktir min l banet/neswein byfaDlu y2essou sha3rat ba3oD.

banet refers to girls , neswein to women

clevermizo

English (USA), Spanish
    B7eb 2asset sha3rii, 2asira w khafifeh. bi day3ti kil l salonet mestelminon banet/neswein mish mesilmiin, fa ktir min l banet/neswein byfaDlu y2essou sha3rat ba3oD.

banet refers to girls , neswein to women
    Can't we translate "... it is much shorter and lighter than previously..." as a2Sar w2a5aff minma keen min 2abel bi-ktiir ?

nanos

Arabic-Lebanese
    "a2Sar w 2a5aff" refer to the hair, "2aisra w khafifeh" refer to the haircut... Anyway, I think if you used either, people will understand you...

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English/Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    Clevermizo's point was that the original uses the comparative, whereas you used the regular form of the adjectives - which changes the meaning.

< Previous | Next >