lecturer in / of discourse analysis


Senior Member

I know that this question has already been asked. However, I am not 100 sure in the following sentence:

I have extensive experience as a lecturer of discourse analysis or as a lecturer in discourse analysis. My guess would be "in discourse analysis." Thank you.
  • The Newt

    Senior Member
    English - US
    If the idea is that you deliver lectures on the topic of discourse analysis, then it has to be "on" or "in." The latter is often used when it is part of an academic title: Mary Smith, lecturer in Chemistry.


    Senior Member
    English USA
    In my years at American universities, someone would be a Lecturer in Chemistry, but an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor of Chemistry. The title of Lecturer usually implies the absence of a terminal degree.
    < Previous | Next >