LED-светильники

bramik

Italian
Could you explain to me exactly what is meant by "лед светильников" in Russian?

It sounds like "ice lamps".

What kind of lamps? fluorescent lamps ? led lamps ? for indoor lighting or outdoor lighting (street lighting) ?

Thank you
M

• GCRaistlin

Russian
    Я думаю, имеются в виду светильники с холодным светом (световой температурой выше 4000 К).

bramik

Italian
    Я думаю, имеются в виду светильники с холодным светом (световой температурой выше 4000 К).
    I think you are right. I had the same feeling, but it seemed strange because in no other language that I oversee is there an similar way to refer this lamps.

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    Doesn't it mean LED (light-emitting diodes - светодиодные светильники) lights? Can you provide the whole sentence or phrase in which you saw the term, Bramik? We need to understand if the words are in the genitive plural here as, for example, in this syntax:
    В штате работают опытные специалисты. Поэтому мы гарантированно разрешим любую проблему, связанную с неисправностью ЛЕД светильников. (vremyasveta.ru)

Last edited:

bramik

Italian
    If it describe the light of actual lamps, it must be a kind of poetic metaphor.
    Thank you for your answer. I don't think it is a poetic metaphor because I noticed people that are searching this phrase on search engine (Yandex, Google). And that phrases seems to have a commercial intent like: лед освещение производитель,
    лед освещение,лед фонари уличные, купить лед фонарь на столб,лед прожектор 50w,лед светильники уличные,лед фонарь уличный, уличные светильники лед,лед лампа для уличного фонаря,лед прожекторы уличные,лед светильник настенный,лед фонарь на столб, уличные лед фонари, куплю прожектор лед,лед лампа уличного освещения,лед лампы настенные,лед прожектор 100 вт,лед прожектор 100w,,лед прожектор 30w цена,лед прожектор олх,лед светильник для улицы,лед светильники настенные, лед фонари для уличного освещения,лед фонари на столб, прожектор лед 100вт

bramik

Italian
    Doesn't it mean LED (light-emitting diodes - светодиодные светильники) lights? Can you provide the whole sentence or phrase in which you saw the term, Bramik? We need to understand if the words are in the genitive plural here as, for example, in this syntax:
    I don't have context, but only researches made by real people on search engines like Google and Yandex.

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    In the search entries you quoted, the searches are definitely for (various different types of) LED lights. Our/my confusion from your post arises from the fact that you asked about лед светильников (genitive plural), which isn't in any of the searches you quote.

Awwal12

Russian
    So it's actually ле́д, or, to be precise, ЛЕД (an unadapted loan from English LED, generally colloquial), not лёд (something one would expect by default). :)
    Our/my confusion from your post arises from the fact that you asked about лед светильников (genitive plural), which isn't in any of the searches you quote.
    Well, since "ЛЕД" functions as an appositional attributive (should be actually written as ЛЕД-светильники), it may appear in genitive plural NPs as well ("ЛЕД-светильников").

Enquiring Mind

English - the Queen's
    So that's the phrase we needed: The production of LED street lamps/lights (= where лед is also an appositional genitive plural, and therefore not the word лёд, as Awwal12 explained in #11 - that's what we needed to understand here: nothing to do with "ice"). Cool!

Last edited: