legal entity

RajuMV

Malayalam
Friends,

My niece has been selected for a job in an american company in India. In the application form the company has sent to her, there is a column to note her legal entity. What is to be noted in? What is it exactly meant?

Please send me the answer.

Thanks a lot in anticipation:)

• cuchuflete

EEUU-inglés
    Greetings RajuMV,

Please tell us a little more. Legal entity is not normally a characteristic of a person. Rather, it is often a term used to describe a corporation or other organization.

Where in the application does this term appear? What are the questions before and after it?

sdgraham

USA English
    Sorry, but I have no idea in this context since in the U.S., every person is legally an entity (since slavery was abolished).

Strictly as speculation, they might mean "citizenship."

Note that "American" is capitalized.

RajuMV

Malayalam
    Sorry, but I have no idea in this context since in the U.S., every person is legally an entity (since slavery was abolished).

Strictly as speculation, they might mean "citizenship."

Note that "American" is capitalized.
    Thanks. Legal entity column is in the part where personal informations are to be noted.
    The legal entity column is under name of father and date of birth.
    Now can you guess?

Last edited by a moderator:

sdgraham

USA English
    No more speculation. In the case of all such imponderables, I recommend contacting the company or whoever wrote it and ask "what do you mean by this?"

As an aside: Good journalists, accustomed as they are with dealing with obfuscatory bureaucrats and dissembling politicians do this all the time and the more earthy among us have been known to insert expletives.

Thomas Tompion

English - England
    It sounds to me as though the information is required of a company, rather than a private person. In some questionnaires companies are required to say what sort of legal entity they are, and the response would be typically, partnership, private company etc... Like everyone else, I can think of no suitable response from a private person, other than to put private person.

< Previous | Next >