lei se l'è fatto confezionare da una famosa sarta

meringue

Singapore, English
Il gilet, lei se l'è fatto confezionare da una famosa sarta.I am trying to translate this, but am stuck with "lei se l'e'"........Does this mean" The gilet is a confection created by a famous tailor for you".....Could anyone please correct me? Thanks in advance:)

• ste.sta

Italy, Italian
    Il gilet, lei se l'è fatto confezionare da una famosa sarta.I am trying to translate this, but am stuck with "lei se l'e'"........Does this mean" The gilet is a confection created by a famous tailor for you herself".....Could anyone please correct me? Thanks in advance:)
    Ciao Meringue!
    "Lei se l'è fatto confezionare" = lei l'ha fatto confezionare per se stessa = She ordered (the tailor) to make it for herself.
    Hope that helps :)

meringue

Singapore, English
    Ciao Meringue!
    "Lei se l'è fatto confezionare" = lei l'ha fatto confezionare per se stessa = She ordered (the tailor) to make it for herself.
    Hope that halps :)
    Thanks once more, ste.sta, I guess we share the same timezone so you are always there to help:).

So the sentence is:

Il gilet, lei se l'è fatto confezionare da una famosa sarta.

Will the english be:

She ordered the waistcoat to be made for herself by a famous tailor.

Am not very grammatically good in Italian yet, so did not really understand the "per se stessa" bit.:eek:

ste.sta

Italy, Italian
    My pleasure :)
    I think you can omit the for herself part. You know, the use of the reflexive pronoun is quite different between Italian and English.

< Previous | Next >