les ardissonneries

< Previous | Next >
  • edwingill

England English
    Welcome to the Forum 4JU. What is the question? If you want a translation, you must give it a try first, then we shall help you.

Wunibald

English
    Hi 4JU...
    Thierry Ardisson is a popular French chat show host who is famous for his provocative Saturday-night tv programme in which he likes to ask guests embarrassing questions. Zemmour is another person I don't know about, and a 'client en or' would be a perfect customer.

Punky Zoé

Pau
    France - français
    Hello 4JU and welcome to the forum !

And hello Edwingill, I think 4JU can't try a translation as it is something franco-français and he (she) hust want an explanation.

Ardissonneries du samedi soir is a word created from Ardisson and conneries. Thierry Ardisson is a TV-presenter of a Saturday show who thinks he is provocative . You will probably find information on the net about him and his show.

4JU

UK, English
    Thanks everyone!
    Sorry I was a bit brusque - I was confused about the format, WordReference seemed to tell me just to write the question/translation.
    But that's a cultural reference I wouldn't have got anyway.
    Thank you.

Punky Zoé

Pau
    France - français
    Yes, David, you are right, but also sonnerie is a soft form of connerie. "pour une sonnerie c'est une belle sonnerie !" Boby lapointe

And these ones - egueuleisms - are not sonneries at all ! :D

< Previous | Next >