Les tissus français et allemand

tvlad

Romanian
"Les tissus français et allemand sont différents. Les Allemands sous-traitent en Allemagne et en France on sous-traite à l'étranger, car les charges de travail sont différentes. Mais nous sommes en train d'aligner nos pratiques industrielles".

can I translate tissus by perhaps mentality/attitude/way of working ?

merci d'avance.

• GEmatt

English/BE, Français/CH, Deutsch/CH (rustier & rustier)
    The main dictionary entries give cloth, fabric and the like. Since the context is "industry", why would you translate this differently? Is there more context, which might give a different meaning to the word?

JeanDeSponde

France, Français
    Usually, tissu social, tissu urbain can be calqued by social fabric, urban fabric.
    Though here I would say industrial network - It seems to me that industrial fabric would be too close to the fabric non-figurative meaning?

tvlad

Romanian
    @gematt . Industrial fabric doesn't feel like the best fit here, industrial network, culture seems to me to be a better fit.

GEmatt

English/BE, Français/CH, Deutsch/CH (rustier & rustier)
    That's rather more credit than I'm due, Jean.:eek:

Re-reading this thread, I'm increasingly drawn to archijacq's suggestion and to your original proposal: work patterns (or "habits", "practises").

Unless there is some other morsel of context that makes clear that this is referring to literal fabric, as an industrial product...

Was this an article? What was the title?

tvlad

Romanian
    It was an article regarding the arguments between France and Germany inside Airbus. I too feel that GEmatt's sugestion is the best fit, for me at least.

< Previous | Next >