"Let Me Love You" lyrics

< Previous | Next >
Status
Not open for further replies.

uchida

Japanese - Japan
i'm into "Let Me Love You". it has nice beats.
so i have some questions about its lyrics.
i've made a question list.
1. "Say, go through the darkest of days" what is the subject of this sentence? it's maybe "we" or "we will"?
2. "Say, go through the darkest of days
Heaven's a heartbreak away" should i think there's a omitted "and then" before the "Heaven's"?
3. "Oh, it's been a hell of a ride" what does the "of" mean?
4. "Driving the edge of a knife" what is a subject of this sentence?

those are all my questions.
Please answer them.
Thank you very much.

• JulianStuart

English (UK then US)
    Welcome!

Lyrics often do not follow grammar rules and frequently make no real sense except to the author - they often rely on imprecision like an abstract painting:) So there are likely to be no good answers to some of your questions:(
    (In any case, each thread should deal with only one specific question - this will help you understand how the forum works)

uchida

Japanese - Japan
    Welcome!

Lyrics often do not follow grammar rules and frequently make no real sense except to the author - they often rely on imprecision like an abstract painting:) So there are likely to be no good answers to some of your questions:(
    (In any case, each thread should deal with only one specific question - this will help you understand how the forum works)
    I got it. Thank you!
    your answer is good for me to read lyrics.
    so can I ask you about abbreviation?
    1. conjuctions are often omitted?
    2. only particles(will, can, should, is, am, are etc) can be omitted though subjects aren't omitted?
    3. even if some subjects, conjuctions and particles are omitted, authors write lyrics so that we can understand the tense?

DaylightDelight

Japanese - Tokyo
    Many great singers and song writers have written ambiguous, ungrammatical, hard to understand or even impossible to understand lyrics.
    John Lennon, Bob Dylan, ... there is no limit to this list.

Cagey

post mod (English Only / Latin)
    English - US
    Hello, uchida. :)

Genius.com has a discussion of the meaning of these lyrics that may interest you: DJ Snake – Let Me Love You Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

IF you want to discuss the grammar further, please start a new thread for each line. The questions seem similar, so perhaps you will not have to post a thread for each line.

I'll close this thread to give you a fresh start.

Cagey,
    moderator.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    < Previous | Next >