let yourself be led away with

chong lee

türkçe
Hi,
The quote is from Treasure Island, by R. L. Stevenson.

One of the honest hand is speaking to Silver.
I think,Silver tries to convince him to stay with him.

With "you'll let yourself be led away with that kind of a mess of swabs", is he trying to say:
"I do not believe you trust those sailors. " ?

Thanks

. And will you tell me you'll let yourself be led away with that kind of a mess of swabs? Not you! As sure as God sees me, I'd sooner lose my hand. If I turn agin my dooty—"

• Packard

USA, English
    Hi,
    The quote is from Treasure Island, by R. L. Stevenson.

One of the honest hand is speaking to Silver.
    I think,Silver tries to convince him to stay with him.

With "you'll let yourself be led away with that kind of a mess of swabs", is he trying to say:
    "I do not believe you trust those sailors. " ?

Thanks

. And will you tell me you'll let yourself be led away with that kind of a mess of swabs? Not you! As sure as God sees me, I'd sooner lose my hand. If I turn agin my dooty—"
    You can quote up to four sentences. Please give us the entire sentence and perhaps one or two prior and one or two after so we have some context.

chong lee

türkçe
    Some more context. ..

"Silver," said the other man—and I observed he was not only red in the face, but spoke as hoarse as a crow, and his voice shook too, like a taut rope—"Silver," says he, "you're old, and you're honest, or has the name for it; and you've money too, which lots of poor sailors hasn't; and you're brave, or I'm mistook. And will you tell me you'll let yourself be led away with that kind of a mess of swabs? Not you! As sure as God sees me, I'd sooner lose my hand."

< Previous | Next >