Lethal - mortal (food processing)

< Previous | Next >

carmenglo2004

En la siguiete traducción: ¿Es correcto el uso de mortalidad y muerte como traducción a lethalit y lethal?

Employ a post-lethality treatment that achieves at least 1-log lethality.

Emplea un tratamiento post-mortalidad que alcanza al menos 1-registro de muerte.

Gracias por su ayuda.

• Txiri

USA English
    Umm, this topic is a little, shall we say, ... serious? What is the context? Where is this used?

carmenglo2004

Hi,

The context is a list of alternatives that operators who elaborate productos ready-to-eat should create in order to comply a sampling plan of these products. It deals with Hygiene Normative for Meat and ready-to-eat derived products.

Txiri

USA English
    Thanks for the context. (?)
    Who is telling whom to employ a post-lethality treatment that achieves at least 1 - log lethality?

What is a 1-log lethality?

Because to the naked ear, it sounds like people are trying to maximize their efforts to poison others.

carmenglo2004

Hi Txiri,

Now I have a better understanding on which I was doubtful. It is a traslation regarding sampling of ready-to-eat products, according to certain standards of protection producers shall use to manipulate and elaborate these products in order to avoid bacterial contamination. After reading somo literature on the subject I understood what it meant actually.

Thanks a lot.
    Bye.

k-in-sc

U.S. English
    Note that "elaborate" is a false friend. In English it is not usually used to mean "prepare (food)." In this case (meatpacking) you might want "process."

< Previous | Next >