letra de crédito

Luis Flores

Chile-Español
Field and topic: Comercial.
---------------------
Sample sentence: Letra de crédito irrevocable e intransferible.
Gracias, fórum.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • annettehola

Banned
    Danish
    Or credit note. You know, I'm really not an expert on these matters and therefore also not on the terms related to them, but I remember one day where I was genuinely struggling with this particular term, too. Letra, I now generally translate with bill, and I think Luis' sentence should be translated credit note. But I might just as well be wrong. Abono, fx, is also credit note. No, I think I'm wrong...wait for a more competent answer.
    Annette

Roi Marphille

Catalonia, Catalan.
    annettehola said:
    Or credit note. You know, I'm really not an expert on these matters and therefore also not on the terms related to them, but I remember one day where I was genuinely struggling with this particular term, too. Letra, I now generally translate with bill, and I think Luis' sentence should be translated credit note. But I might just as well be wrong. Abono, fx, is also credit note. No, I think I'm wrong...wait for a more competent answer.
    Annette
    Well, I understand that "letra de crédito" is a "carta de crédito"... maybe I'm wrong.
    A LC is a document a Bank sets to cover the expenses of a purchase order, normally a shipment by sea.

Last edited by a moderator: