1. Judith New Member

    Canada french
    How would you translate

    Écrire en lettres moulées??? :)
  2. lettre moulée n. f.

    English block letter

    Définition :
    Caractère carré sans empattement.

    dixit www.granddictionnaire.com
  3. i find this thing on top of a document :
    please print or type - dactylographier ou écrire en lettres moulées
  4. Aupick

    Aupick Senior Member

    Strasbourg, France
    UK, English
    For what it's worth, American documents ask you to 'type or print', as superromu says. British documents tend to ask you to 'write in block capitals'.
  5. i never hear lettres moulées in french.
    we use Ecrire en majuscule instead.
  6. hidulphe Member

    France, français
    Could it be a typical canadian expression ?
    I have just made a quick search on my favorite search engine for "lettres moulées" and every answer I had were from Canada...
    And what about : "écrire en lettres capitales" ?
  7. Jean-Michel Carrère Senior Member

    French from France
    From the ATILF dictionary :

    Lettre moulée, caractère moulé : Caractère d'imprimerie ou lettre manuscrite, très bien écrite, qui l'imite.
  8. hidulphe Member

    France, français
    Sorry, I was too quick in reading the post.
    Would you say : "write in upper-case" ?
  9. claude123 Senior Member

    France, French
    When Quebecers say Écrire en lettres moulées, they mean "Écrire lisiblement", and this usually translates the English phrase "Please print".

Share This Page