Levantine Arabic: skidmarks

< Previous | Next >
  • WannaBFluent

Français
    Found it in an old dictionary, but it's not technically translated as underwear skidmarks but more as 'little amount of fecal matter'.
    The verb بظ is translated as 'to defecate in gushes, in jets'.

baZZ.png

The dictionary was published in 1935.

momai

Arabic - Syria
    I only know بظّ to beget a child or to procreate which is also mentioned in your dictionary.

momai

Arabic - Syria
    For vehicles I would use آثار عجلات/ دواليب. I am not sure honestly what I would use for underwears, maybe بقع كذا وكذا probably someone else could come up with something more useful.

Schem

Najdi Arabic
    I don't think any Arabic dialect has a term for what you're referring to. Most Middle Easterners use water for the cleaning act.

WannaBFluent

Français
    I don't think any Arabic dialect has a term for what you're referring to. Most Middle Easterners use water for the cleaning act.
    Skidmarks mostly appear with a strong fart, and not a lack of hygiene after going to the toilets. Higher risks happen when you have diarrhea.

I doubt very many languages, if any at all, other than English do. :D
    We have it in French too :D
    We usually say 'traces de pneu' (tyre marks), we can also say 'traces de dérapage' (skidmarks). And we can also refer to the type of fart occuring these skidmarks as 'pet foireux' (crappy fart) or 'pet liquide' (liquid fart).

Last edited:

Hemza

French, Mor/Hijz Arabic (heritage)
    Skidmarks mostly appear with a strong fart, and not a lack of hygiene after going to the toilets. Higher risks happen when you have diarrhea.
    I think what was meant here is that the lack of term in Arabic for such thing is due to the fact traditional toilets in Arab countries are/were different from the ones we're used to in France hence such thing can/could barely happen I guess :D :D. Language didn't evolve at the same speed as use and customs haha

Last edited:
    < Previous | Next >