Levantine/Gulf: to lose perspective

Raspberryjam

English - UK
How would you say 'to lose perspective' in these contexts:

1. When all the teachers get together, all they talk about is work and they lose all perspective of reality and they end up creating more work for themselves!
2. He needs a little perspective and to get out more! Since starting that new job he's lost all perspective

Could someone kindly translate the above sentences?!

Thanks very much :)

• momai

Arabic - Syria
    Sorry, but I don't really understand what your first sentence is supposed to mean!
    2. He needs a little perspective and to get out more! Since starting that new job he's lost all perspective
    هو محتاج شوية رؤية واضحة وكمان يطلع ويشوف, من لما بلش شغلو الجديد سيطرت علي فقدان هالرؤية.

elroy

Imperfect Mod
    US English, Palestinian Arabic bilingual
    I could use some clarity on #1 as well. What does losing perspective have to do with creating more work for yourself?
    هو محتاج شوية رؤية واضحة وكمان يطلع ويشوف, من لما بلش شغلو الجديد سيطرت علي فقدان هالرؤية.
    I think you misunderstood "perspective" here, momai.

It's something like this:

لازم يطلع، يغيّر جو، عشان يشوف الأمور على حقيقتها، من ما بدي الوظيفة الجديدة ونظرتو محدودة كتير

"Perspective" here is about not exaggerating or minimizing the importance of anything. It's about seeing things the way they really are.

Raspberryjam

English - UK
    I could use some clarity on #1 as well. What does losing perspective have to do with creating more work for yourself?
    I think I just meant that sometimes when people dedicated to their work get together, their life can just become work and they have ideas about how to start new projects etc (thus creating more work for themselves), and at times they just need to step back and have a little bit of perspective and not 'over do it' on the work front. So I guess here i'm thinking of the frazzled school teacher that only thinks of work and I want to say to them: "Step back and get some perspective - you're losing track of reality - stop thinking about work and do something fun".......

< Previous | Next >