Liability

< Previous | Next >

katie_here

England/English
Hello, Good Evening,

I would like to help our Polish customers understand better when they are in my shop.

A man came in yesterday and wanted to send an item of jewellery for repair. As part of the details, I need to take the value of his item for liability purposes. This is the part I couldn't make myself understood

How do I explain that I need to know who much the item costs or is worth to the owner, for liability purposes. If it should become lost, we need to know a value to recompense them.

Thankyou very much.

• mietagosia

Poland, Polish
    Ok, the whole thing sounds quite difficult in Polish, but I hope that thanks to it you will make yourself clear:

"Muszę znać cenę przedmiotu lub na ile wycenia go wlaściciel, w związku z odpowiedzialnością finansową jaką ponosimy. W razie gdyby przedmiot się zgubił, łatwiej będzie ustalić wartość rekompensaty, ktorą zobowiązani jesteśmy Panu wypłacić."

Cheers!
    MietaGosia

mietagosia

Poland, Polish
    Ok, the whole thing sounds quite difficult in Polish, but I hope that thanks to it you will make yourself clear:

"Muszę znać cenę przedmiotu lub na ile wycenia go wlaściciel, w związku z odpowiedzialnością finansową jaką ponosimy. W razie gdyby przedmiot się zgubił, łatwiej będzie ustalić wartość rekompensaty, ktorą zobowiązani jesteśmy Panu wypłacić."

Cheers!
    MietaGosia

BezierCurve

"Muszę znać cenę przedmiotu lub na ile wycenia go wlaściciel, w związku z odpowiedzialnością finansową jaką ponosimy. W razie gdyby przedmiot się zgubił, łatwiej będzie ustalić wartość rekompensaty, którą zobowiązani jesteśmy Panu wypłacić."
    That sounds really good and clarifies all the details!
    Just one more thing: to cover both genders of customers we might add "/Pani":

"Muszę znać cenę przedmiotu lub na ile wycenia go wlaściciel, w związku z odpowiedzialnością finansową jaką ponosimy. W razie gdyby przedmiot się zgubił, łatwiej będzie ustalić wartość rekompensaty, którą zobowiązani jesteśmy Panu / Pani wypłacić."

katie_here

England/English
    Thankyou for your answers, I really appreciate it.

But as a person who knows no polish whatsover, what am I actually saying?

I was hoping to just have a word or two I could write down, then when I'm taking the details, and I ask about "liability", I can give them something to explain.

thanks.

Hope I'm not being too much of a nuisance. :)

Thomas1

polszczyzna warszawska
    That sounds really good and clarifies all the details!
    Just one more thing: to cover both genders of customers we might add "/Pani":

"Muszę znać cenę przedmiotu lub na ile wycenia go wlaściciel, w związku z odpowiedzialnością finansową jaką ponosimy. W razie gdyby przedmiot się zgubił, łatwiej będzie ustalić wartość rekompensaty, którą zobowiązani jesteśmy Panu / Pani wypłacić."
    Or you could equally omit Panu / Pani altogether.

Thankyou for your answers, I really appreciate it.

But as a person who knows no polish whatsover, what am I actually saying?

I was hoping to just have a word or two I could write down, then when I'm taking the details, and I ask about "liability", I can give them something to explain.

thanks.

Hope I'm not being too much of a nuisance. :)
    If you are after a translation of liability then here it is:
    liability -- odpowiedzialność (in this case finansowa, i.e. financial)

Tom

< Previous | Next >