licenciatura en educación preescolar"

Discussion in 'Spanish-English Vocabulary / Vocabulario Español-Inglés' started by KateNicole, Mar 29, 2007.

  1. KateNicole Senior Member

    Miami, Florida
    English (USA)
    Again, this question pertains to someone's transcripts. This person studied "educación preescolar" which includes kindergarten. I don't want to translate this as "preschool education," because in the United States, people can teach preschool with a two-year degree. This person studied at a four-year university. I was thinking about translating it as Preschool and Kindergarten Education, but am wondering if anyone has a better idea. Thanks!
  2. chileno1975 Member

    How about something like "BA in Early Childhood Education," just to cover everything? That wouldn't cover "elementary education," right?

  3. KateNicole Senior Member

    Miami, Florida
    English (USA)
    That's exactly what I was thinking, but I am hesitant because I believe that in certain 2-year technical schools, people that teach day care (not even preschool) can get a degree in Early Childhood Education. Not that I am belittling that degree, but I don't want to "water down" what this person studied. Maybe if I put "B.A." like you have suggested, it will be more clear. Thanks.

Share This Page